The position we offeris for our headquarters in central Italy and serves as the regular contact person between our clients and our network of linguists.
The Project Manager is responsible for communicating specific detailed instructions to translators and proofreadersand managing workflows and processes. He/she is accountable for the final quality assurance of translation activities.
• Review the jobs assigned and assess needs for additional information, e.g. compilation of glossaries, previously translated similar documents, list of acronyms, technical terminology, and translation memories.
• Coordinate translators and/or teams of translators to ensure compliance with Intrawelt production workflows and to guarantee that quality and turn-around standards are met.
• Select translators and/or teams of translators, assign them jobs, negotiate rates and deadlines and coordinate production with translators, proofreaders andclients’ reviewers.
• Keep project admin up-to-date at all times and maintain accurate records in Intrawelt’s proprietary management system.
• Check projects costs for accuracy and send purchase orders to translators and proofreaders, as well order confirmations to customers.
• Exercise sound judgment in keeping supervisor informed of potential difficulties.
• Inform supervisor of all issues affecting cost, quality and turn-around.
• Check accuracy of translation prior to sending it to client.
• College degree or degree in Translation and/or interpretation or equivalent experience
• Fluent in Italian and/or English plus one, ideally two additional languages.
• Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml).
• Familiarity with desktop publishing software (Indesign, QuarkXPress, Framemaker).
• Language skills to include ability to create glossaries, as well as to assess quality and completeness of translations
• Advanced translation memory experience (e.g. SDL TRADOS) management.
• Preferably 1-2 years previous project management experience in translation services.
• Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a hectic, time-sensitive environment
• Ability to communicate accurately detailed instructions to vendors.
• Detail and service oriented.
• Clear sense of accountability.
• Flexible team player
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Can mix and relate well to all levels
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
• Flexibility to work overtime required
• Professional demeanour
• Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Can improvise and innovate
If you are interested in joining us, please send your cv to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
It is possible that due to the large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be informed.
Please only apply if you are interested in the IN-HOUSE position offered for our headquarters in Porto Sant’Elpidio (FM), Marche, Italy.